General Pest Control Licence Course - Face to Face
Our general pest control management course consists of three units from the Certificate III course (units 5, 6 & 18) and is designed to provide new or experienced pest control technicians with the basic knowledge and skills to be a licensed pest management technician.
The course covers both training and assessment.
After completing your training and assessment, you will receive a Statement of Attainment which can then be submitted to your government licensing office to receive your pest management license.
To achieve licensing you require:
CPPPMT3005 (Unit 5) Manage pests without applying pesticides
CPPPMT3006 (Unit 6) Manage pests by applying pesticides
CPPPMT3018 (Unit 18) Maintain equipment and pesticide storage area in pest management vehicles
5 days theory
2 days practical skills - Students who are unable to gain practical experience with a pest control firm, must attend the practical skills training classes held by MPL Training Centre.
Topics covered include:
- Legislation relevant to those involved in public health pest control
- Storage and transport of pesticides
- Control of vertebrate pests including rats, mice, birds, possums and feral cats
- Public health insect pest biology and control including cockroaches, ants, wasps, flies, biting insects, stored product insects etc
- Pesticide application equipment
- Personal protective equipment
- Choice and use of insecticide and rodenticide formulations
- New developments in active ingredients, formulations and application techniques
- 'Hands-on' insect identification including a variety of pest specimens
- Virtual home inspection and treatment program for general pests
Completion of the course
To complete the course you will need to:
- Attend daily sessions
- Complete a self assessment booklet
- Participate in practical assessments.
You have up to 12 months to complete this qualification. The qualification may also be completed by correspondence training, please contact our office for more details.